Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ski Trip

I don't have too much to update and I don't have any new pictures so not much is new. We're doing well. My thesis is coming along. I'm halfway done with it. I'm working on it this morning and then I have to get ready for Bible Study this afternoon. We've started working through the minor prophets. Tonight we wrap up Hosea. What an incredible little book. The wrath, pain, and sorrow of God over the sins of His people really penetrate that story. I can't imagine living back then, but then again, our culture is so similar in so many ways to that culture.

We just got back from our annual ski trip with the youth group. I wish I had pictures, but I forgot to take them. We were so preoccupied with having fun, that I forgot. We had a great time. There were 22 of us. 18 kids and 4 adults. We borrowed a bus from 1st Christian in Clinton so that we could all be together and headed up to Cascade Mountain. We hung out at the hotel on Sunday and went skiing all day Monday. I don't know how I did it but I bruised my left heel and it hurts like crazy. It should be fine in a couple days. This year we knew the kids a lot better than we did last year, so it was a lot easier to hang out with them. James loves skiing straight downhill on the blue hills. He likes to go downhill fast. I like the green hills... they're the ones that are fast, but less of an angle downhill...I hate hate hate going downhill fast. Big drops are not my thing, so I hung out with some of the slower skiers. We had a blast. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, I felt sick and couldn't move. I was going to go to the Gym this morning, but can't stand too well on my bruised heel... i know, i'm a sissy...and i have many excuses.

I'm also going to start watching a girl named Skye part time while her mom works. Skye is 7 and in first grade. Her dad died in December. She's a sweet little girl, we're gonna have lots of fun together. It's a good thing I don't like to talk all the time, cause she does. I'll post some pics when I get some. She and her mom live on a farm outside of town about 8 miles. They raise sheep and have lots of babies right now. I can't wait for them to take me to see them. I've never seen a real lamb before. Oh well, I think that's all for now. Time to get back to the thesis...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to hear your updates! Keep plugging away on that thesis... Most of all, glad to hear that you and J came home mostly injury free!

Mrs. McMillionaire