Friday, February 27, 2009

Finished

Well, I finally finished the third chapter of my thesis. I turned it in on Wednesday. I took a break yesterday and worked on other things I had been putting off...like preparing for Bible Study. I enjoy Bible Study night. We always have good conversation and a good time. Wednesday night was no exception, though I couldn't get the names in the Bible straight and kept confusing the poor women I was trying to communicate with. It was quite frustrating, but also comical. Considering the days prior all I could do was laugh at myself along with them. Oh well. So goes life as the "humble" preachers wife.

Skye (the girl I'm helping take care of) has come to Beacon Kidz the last couple of weeks and came over last night for her first extended visit in our home. She's a very outgoing little girl and incredible easy to take care of and get along with. She has swimming 2x/week in bloomington at ISU. Last night we went to Bloomington for her hour and a half long swim session. I forgot how much I hate bleachers, though it really made me want to jump in the pool, I love swimming. It caused me to think back to my own days on swim teams and lessons. As much fun as that was I think I'll be using that time to go to the store or go to a coffee shop. :)

On the way home last night...in the middle of a massive thunderstorm...one of my windshield wiper broke. Unfortunately it was the one I needed to work in order to be able to see, fortunately I was just outside of Wapella when that happened. James isn't too happy about having to fixing it. I need to go to the Gym today and am all ready to go, but the rain froze on the winshield and the wipers are stuck in place. We love our new car, but the wipers don't mix well with ice. We've replaced them a few times already this year, so I'm just gonna let James mess with them later. That's the man's job anyway, right!?! :) At least it is in this house.

James wants you all to know that he went for a ride in the firetruck and is now an official firefighter... even though they didn't let him go in the house that was on fire... :)
He is super excited about that.

Time to get to work... talk to you all later.

1 comment:

Stacy Peacock said...

I'm super excited you got the third chapter done. I have been prayin for you. I hope all continues to go well.

Mrs. McMillionaire