Saturday, November 8, 2008

time management

What an easy concept to understand, but such a difficult one to put into practice. You’d think there’s not that much to do in a day. Take care of Marranda; keep the house clean; and do my thesis; keep up with church stuff; read my Bible and pray; and keep my sanity. Really those few things shouldn’t be all that hard to accomplish within a weeks time. I know I can’t do everything every day, but seriously. As I sit in my chair writing this Marranda has created another tornado. There are two basket’s of laundry sitting on the floor in the bedroom and more in the dryer. That pile never ends. The kitchen table has playdough caked on it and the dining room table has all of my thesis books on it. I’m not complaining, I’m just reflecting. Granted, when I get up from my chair in a few minutes I will begin to remedy the situation, but it will all be back in a mater of 24 hours… if I have that long. Some days I do well managing my time others need serious help.
This is all fresh in my mind, because of two reasons. First of all, Marranda woke up screaming before 5 this morning and none of us got back to sleep and have gotten little accomplished today. Second, I just finished a big part of chapter 2 of my thesis that describes the proverbs 31 woman. A big reason she was able to accomplish all that she did was her ability to be efficient and organized; to plan and manage her priorities. I really think that she is the picture of a mature Christian woman. I’ve got more to it than that, but her efficiency is mind boggling and is probably the thing I struggle with the most in that whole passage of scripture.
Well… James is now calling for lunch, so the tornado will have to wait and it’s time to go add to the dishes in the dish washer. …which I really think the proverbs 31 woman would have had, had it been available.

2 comments:

Stacy Peacock said...

I've come to believe that woman was not a real woman, but rather set goals for us women to achieve and maybe not all at the same time. But then again she may be just another of my questions to ask God about when I get to Heaven!

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing that Stacy. I miss you. I blogged my thoughts on why she was real. Just my own opinions. There are lots of people who agree with you. :)

Mrs. McMillionaire