Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend



What a great weekend we've had. Marranda had a great time spending the night with her mommy Wednesday night. On Thursday we all got together at James parents house and had a lot of turkey and stuffing and pie. We had a good time hanging out with the family.

After supper we headed to my parents so that I could get up and hit the sales with my mom and sisters and Dave. We were up and at Kohls by 4am. I really wasn't looking for anything special, I just like to go and have fun, but this year I found some great deals and did most of the Christmas shopping for my family. We still have to do James family, but we'll get that done soon. James stayed home with my dad and Marranda. After we got all the shopping out of our systems for the morning we had an early Christmas party for Marranda. She had a blast opening up her presents. My family's taken her in as one of their own. Unless we make special arrangements sometime, that was the last time they'll see her for a while. I love going home to see my family. I miss them.


We had fun this morning. The kids got up and sang "I Will Enter His Courts." After lunch we took Marranda out and played in the snow. It was fun. That's the one other thing I wanted to do with Marranda before she went home. I'm glad we got to play. Tonight we have the annual "hanging of the greens" and our soup supper to follow. The gals here really do a great job decorating the church. It'll look nice. I'll post pics.










This week Marranda and I will begin baking and decorating a lot of cookies to deliver to the church people. I bought her a fun gingerbread apron so that she can help me. We're going to have lots of fun this month.

No comments:

Mrs. McMillionaire