Monday, June 30, 2008

Go...go...go...

Seems like that's all we've done this summer. We've been going since last August. Summer has been just as busy as the school year, though James isn't nearly as stressed. I can tell cause his hair isn't falling out like it does during the school year... seriously. Oh well... tomorrow we're off again. The North American Christian Convention is in Cincinnati, OH and we're headed that direction and Marranda is coming with us. We'll see how that goes... early mornings and late nights. It'll be good. I have quite a bit of family that will be there and an Uncle I haven't seen in a couple of years. I'm really looking foward to getting there.

The downside of this "vacation" is that the dreaded phone call about a death in the congregation is just days away. James is getting his first taste of death, and very soon, a funeral. He's not been to very many at all and this will be his first to preach. I don't miss it one bit. Though I must admit, my first inclination is to tell him what to do, who to call, and what to say... but he doesn't respond to that all that well I think he thinks I'm bossy. I really just have the urge to just do it myself... but the elders would not like that to much. Oh well... so goes life... and death... It really really really sucks.

When we get back from vacation we get a break for about 3 weeks. We've got a couple of church events, but nothing too major... at least no more trips until CIY. Our pocketbook needs a break.
That's all I've got for now... have a great week.

No comments:

Mrs. McMillionaire