Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Seminary, Trucks, and Retreats

Well, not much is new with us. I've got one more chapter to complete for my thesis and it will be done, except for a final go through after my professors read and critique it. It feels good to have it almost behind me. I registered for two seminary classes for next fall. One is an internet class and the other is greek. I'm not to thrilled about either, oh well, what am I gonna do... James has to go through orientation before he can register, but he's planning on taking greek with me. Hopefully that'll be a good thing.



Last week we gave the truck a tune-up...and when I say we, I mean we. Here's a couple of pictures. I may be smiling in this picture, but neither of us were smiling much as we worked on the truck. This was the first time I've ever crawled under a truck or under the hood of a truck to actually do anything productive. I had to crawl under cause James couldn't get to what he needed to in order to remove the old spark plugs. I have now decided that I never ever want to be a mechanic, but I did enjoy helping James with the truck. We like to fix things together. He did a good job at holding his temper. He tends to get really angry when he's trying to fix something and it's not working right. I don't like it when he does that and would have quit and gone inside and that's no fun either. So I'm glad we avoided that and I'm glad the truck still runs.

James and I are both looking foward to summer. James found a place that hosts retreats for ministers and their wives for free up in Cedarly, WI. Check it out here. There will be 5 other ministry couples there at the same time. It lasts 5 days and they provide meals and everything. They take care of everything. It's going to be a lot of fun to get away and not have to worry about anything. We have another retreat to go to in August, but that will be more like a vacation than a retreat. James really wanted to get away after graduation before summer really gets going. It's going to be another full summer, but a really good summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a woman of many talents, of that I had no doubt!!

Mrs. McMillionaire