Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taxes Taxes Taxes

Well, we got our taxes almost done. It's a relief. Clarence Barney of H&R Block in Lincoln does our taxes. They are so confusing. He trys to explain them, but I only get about 60some% of it. I don't know how much we pay him to do our taxes, but it's worth every penny to have him sign on the dotted line. If we get audited... they take care of everything... I love the peace of mind that provides. What's even more exciting is that we get some back this year even though we pay our own taxes quarterly. In addition to that we saved extra every month in case we had to pay in. So it's like getting a bonus. I think when it's all said and done we'll be able to almost double our emergency fund in the Savings account. I know there are some things coming this year that are going to take us over our monthly budget. So now that our taxes our done. our Savings account is sitting where it needs to be and our budget for the month is done and we can still get grocerys and gas. Yeah!!!

The other cool thing is that we figured out how much we need to pay every month to pay off our student loans in 10 years... we made the first payment toward that goal this month. I'll finish my thesis in the next 3 months, then i'll get a job and every penny of that will go to pay them off earlier.

Yeah for money in the bank and a plan to keep it there... at least for now. Who knows what the future holds in terms of jobs, family and schooling.

1 comment:

Stacy Peacock said...

it's so exciting to see finances where you plan them to be. My good and exciting news this month is that we paid off my car! Woohoo! I'm glad you guys have your emergency fund where it needs to be.

Mrs. McMillionaire