Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Making Noodles

Somedays I forget just about everything. Today I have already made 3 trips to Clinton and I have to go again in half an hour. Trip #1: I went to Clinton this morning to learn how to make noodles. In the process I took both sets of car keys and the church van. I used the van because James had to go to school at noon and I didn't know when I would get home. When I got to Wilma's house I realized I had both sets of keys and had to go back home. Trip #2: Then I came back to Clinton and Wilma Jackson taught me how to make noodles. We had lunch, we talked, and had a great time. I then went to the store to get some groceries. When I reached into my pocket for my debit card to pay, my life flashed before my eyes and I saw my debit card on the nightstand at home. So, home I came to get the card. Trip #3: Back to the store I went to pay for my groceries and home again I came. It's been a crazy day. Trip #4 will involve going and picking up the kids for our after school program. Oh well... James will be home by then.

Wilma Jackson has to be one of the coolest old ladies I've ever met. She's done just about everything. She is 89, a great cook, a wonderful encourager, and good for a swift kick in the pants if you need one (I haven't needed that yet, but it's only a matter of time). She and her husband live in Clinton and are a wonderful asset to the church here in Wapella.

It's been a good day, but a dizzy day. Such is life in the fish bowl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just got your email--I've been gone for a few days. I'll add you to my list and keep reading--happy blogging!

Mrs. McMillionaire