Sunday, April 4, 2010

WOWZERS!!!!

Abigail Ruth McMillion was born on April 1, 2010 at 2:54pm. She weighed 6lb 8oz and was 19 inches long. She is a beautiful, healthy little girl, and has two very proud parents!

24 hours ago I was sitting at home cuddlin with Marranda cuz she spent the night and we were getting ready to head to Hudson for an Easter egg hunt with Caleb and fam. About 24 hours ago James was on the phone with a potential buyer for our truck. (We found out it wasn't legal height~ too big ~so we put it up for sale.) 24 hours ago while doing all of that I received a phone call from Jerry Callens about a baby girl who was born on April 1st. All of that was happening at 9am yesterday (Saturday) morning. Many of you know that we have been working with this agency and trying to get everything squared away so that they could show our profile to birth moms. We hadn't completed that process so I wasn't expecting any phone calls. We had no clue that our lives would be drastically different in a matter of 14 hours. It took about 14 hours from the time of the phone call to the moment we met our daughter.

We took a few minutes to talk over the situation and called our parents to receive their blessing and then called Jerry back to accept this little girl. We did all of this while on our way to Hudson. We called many friends, booked our flights, made arrangements for Easter Sunday at Wapella, sold the truck (for 2000 more than we paid), packed in a flurry of emotion, got James an updated physical at OSF, and jumped on a plane at 6:44pm to head to Jacksonville, FL.

Last night we arrived at the hotel at about 11:45 Florida time. We knew that the baby was at the hotel, but we didn't know that she was in the lobby waiting for us. When we walked in the door with all of our baggage I spotted her in the arms of Monique (she's the office manager at the agency). They had her dressed in pink and wrapped in a pink fluffy blanket that said I Love Mommy. She walked over to me and placed her in my arms and of course I cried. That was the first time we saw her dark brown hair and her deep blue eye. Jerry was taking some pictures which I hope to get soon. I probably look like I was the one who gave birth... tear streaked, red, blotchy face... oh well... such is life. :0)

We sat in the lobby for a few minutes while James took care of the room. Her eyes were open and she was looking all around. Not to shabby for a 2 1/2 day old baby. We got to our room around midnight and Jerry and Monique stayed until 2 or so going over all the paperwork and new born baby gotta knows. Her birth mom had already signed away her rights, so all that was left for us to do was sign the papers to make her ours... at least until the court dates that make her ours forever leagally. It should take about 3 months to finalize all of it.

For now we have to hang out in Florida until we get permission from Interstate Compact to travel accross state lines. That could take anywhere from a week to two weeks. Maybe as soon as Thursday or Friday. We're praying for sooner of course. But we won't know until we get a phone call from Jerry.

We are probably going to meet the Birth Mom on Monday. She at least wants to see us with the baby, but we don't know if she wants to talk to us or not. I hope that I can talk to her and find out a little bit more about her, and maybe even get a picture, but that's all up to her. I'd like to have as much info as I can for AbbyRu. I know it's important for her to know where she has come from. We don't know much right now.
It is all so surreal right now. I know that she likes to cuddle. We tried to get her to sleep on a soft blanket on the floor last night, but she squirmed until I put her on the bed close to me, but then I didn't sleep. I know she loves to eat. She'll down a 2oz bottle in no time. She slept for 5 whole hours in between feedings this morning and she knows how to fill that diaper. Which by the way are way too big. She's been snuggled up close to her daddy for about an hour now, both are sleeping.
I think that should do it for now. Keep an eye on Facebook for the pictures. If you don't have facebook, let me know and I'll email some. Thanks for all your prayers. Be carefull if you offer to help... cause we'll let you! I can hardly believe my reality right now! God is so good. He worked all this out according to His perfect will and His perfect timing. He will take care of us.

No comments:

Mrs. McMillionaire